What is this?
This is a CRM system being designed and developed by its own users.
CodeDoesGood is a group of volunteer developers and designers seeking to fulfill two needs:
- Provide new developers and designers with the experience they need to get their first job in technology.
- Provide non-profit organizations with affordable custom digital solutions.
They needed a CRM system to manage the volunteers, projects and client organizations. So, naturally, they built one.
The technical specs were previously outlined by the founders of CDG and a few wireframes had been created by a previous designer on the project. My part was to continue the design and stay ahead of the developers. Back-end development has been underway for a while and once I submitted the main screens of the UI, the front-end development began.
- Familiarize myself with the technical specs and ask questions for clarity.
- Add visual design to the existing wireframes.
- Identify the remaining wireframes needed for development.
- Create remaining wireframes. (This is a work in progress.)
We are using Sketch and Zeplin for the design work. The CDG team operates on GitHub, Slack and Google Drive.